Sunday, June 21, 2009

WHAT IS A WEIGHT LOSS WARRIOR?

That's a very good question. I'm defining it as I go. During one of my coaching sessions with Janice Taylor (a/k/a Our Lady of Weight Loss), she asked me to take notes about what I felt it would be like to be in Warrior Mode. Asking me to take notes is like ordering for one at a family-style restaurant.....you're going to get a lot more than you probably expected, needed or wanted! But I thought that blogging would help keep me on track, as I seem to understand things more clearly when I write them down.

So, as I start down this new path of self-discovery (and desperation as I'm due to get married in 13 weeks and declaring war against those bad habits that have left me "fluffy"), I thought I should set some sort of basic definition to work with.

As a Weight Loss Warrior I plan to:
  • Be brave and face my weaknesses that have contributed to my "fluffiness"
  • To be aware and conscious of my eating habits and work toward turning the bad habits into good ones
  • Strive for an optimistic view and declare battle against all negative and self-defeating thoughts that tend to lead to the Little Debbie Swiss Cake Roll dungeon of misery
  • Exercise more. It's necessary.
  • Never give up. I'm a survivor.

With the sword of my mind, let the fat-shed begin!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment