Friday, August 7, 2009

DAY 46 - Survival

I survived my first kickboxing lesson. Truth be told, I have a really awesome trainer who happens to be my neighbor who happens to be my friend. So, it made for a far more fun session. Now, for the cold hard truth...
For someone who spends her day walking, my ass is so out of shape, I couldn't complete the first session! I felt like a bad first date with ED! Just before we started doing the abs portion I got some sort of weird kidney cramp and had to sit down. It was most likely due to the Starbucks beverage I purchased and wolfed down at the Jiffy Mart before the class.
I did 30 push-ups (sets of 10, of course....couldn't do all 30 at once) and that night I had to slither into bed on my face. The arms were no longer functional pieces of flesh. At one point, I complained about the size of our sheets while trying to fold clean ones. "Why must our bed be so big! It's so painful to fold this fitted sheet!" Hence, the sheet is may look folded, but inside, it's a jumbled mess.
The following day was a little better. I woke up and the comforter no longer felt like a slab of sheet rock laying on my body. Moving around helped. Therefore I felt inspired to take another class the following day!
Well, training session number two with Trainer Trish was quite exciting! She was right when she told me the first day, "It'll never be as hard to do as it is during this first class." I was slightly skilled (SLIGHTLY!!) and finished the entire class. I even jumped rope for the first time in over a decade. (It was so much easier as a kid!) Most importantly, I DID NOT HURL! There was no hurling, no cramping and no crying. I left pumped up for the next class!
It's like dating someone....because I was anxiously awaiting the call/text/email where Trainer Trish asked when I was coming back. NEVER in a million years did I think I'd ever get this excited about something that consisted of EXERCISE!

No comments:

Post a Comment