Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Too Tired For Salad?

The key word is FOR....not OF. I never get tired of salad. But I had
a situation yesterday that scared me a bit. I scared myself actually.

I was exhausted yesterday (again) after running around like a chicken
with my head chopped off. I hate to complain as it's my own business
and more running means more money. But after many consecutive days of
non-stop work, I was pooped.

Around 9pm, Justin asks me what I'd like for dinner. It's bad enough
I'm eating at 9pm but now I've got to utilize my three remaining brain
cells to decide what to have for dinner. So, my first thought is, 'i'm
too tired for salad". I knew he was going to suggest it...And he did.
Without thinking about how rediculous it will sound, I said it. "No.
Absolutely not. I'm too exhausted to eat a salad."

"What?! Explain this."

"I can't imagine all of that stabbing with a fork. And then there is
figuring out the lettuce-to-topping ratio with each bite. It's too
much!"

That had to be the most UN-warriorish thing I've thought and said
in....well, FOREVER! I'm ashamed. I actually got some very non-
greasy chicken fingers and all of that dipping was even pooping me out.

Today I woke up feeling guilty over my lack of gumption. I let
sleepiness dictate what I was going to eat. So when I looked on the
mirror this morning and felt bloated and round, I had no one to blame
but myself.

Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment